Meet the Raw Family
Victoria Boutenko, author, teacher and advocate for green smoothies.
Victoria is the award-winning author of Green For Life, Raw Family, 12 Steps to Raw Foods and several raw recipe books. She teaches classes on raw food all over the world. As a result of her teachings, many raw food communities have formed in numerous countries. She continues traveling worldwide sharing her gourmet raw cuisine and her inspiring story of change, faith and determination.
Valya Boutenko,student of The Work of Byron Katie, author, artist and filmmaker.
Valya, a raw foodist for 16 years, graduated from Southern Oregon University with a Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art. Valya is a certified raw food chef who specializes in desserts. She is the co-author of the books, “Raw Family,” “Eating Without Heating,” and “Fresh.” as well as the producer of the award winning documentary, “Reversing the Irreversible.” She has been researching the ways to inspire children to eat healthier. She is a student of the Work of Byron Katie.
Sergei Boutenko, author, teacher, hiker, wild edibles enthusiast.
Sergei a raw foodist for 16 years, graduated from Southern Oregon University with a Bachelor of Science in Human Communication with the emphasis on Marshal Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication . He is the co-author of the books, “Raw Family,” “Eating Without Heating,” and “Fresh.” Sergei holds numerous certificates from different culinary schools. He is a hiker, wild edibles enthusiast, has taught classes all over the world, and has co-produced an award winning movie, “Interview With Sergei Boutenko.” Sergei resides in Ashland, Or., is an avid hiker, biker, runner, and a student of Capoeira.
Green Smoothie Retreat Testimonials
- “ Before I attended the retreat, I already understood the impact green smoothies can have on your life. From January 2008 to 2009 I incorporated green smoothies as a main course to my 100% raw food lifestyle. Remarkably I was able to release 226 Lbs in 12 Months and reverse type 2 Diabetes. You can read about my story in Green Smoothie Revolution. ” Read more... Clent, ORRingdal
- For me the Joy For Life Retreat was like a fresh start. It was a turning point in my life, in the way I eat and the way I think. I feel like I have been given a secret formula to recognize destructive thinking and process thoughts so they are not in control of me. Drinking green smoothie every day was nowhere near as difficult as I thought it would be, the experience showed me how my body and well being should feel. It’s funny the way we live compromising how good we can be simply because we haven’t taken the time to find an alternative. This retreat showed me a new way.
- I want to share wonderful news! After the retreat I got back my results from my HA1C (a test for average blood sugar levels) and it was in the normal range for the first time ever!!! Hooray! I feel blessed! I have such gratitude for the dedicated and beautiful teaching of the Boutenko family and for the company of you wonderful fellow learners. Thank You all!
- "My husband is now drinking 2 glassfuls of the Smoothie and I am trying to do 2 quarts after the retreat. He saw that I was perkier and looked healthier, as have others. As soon as our kitchen is finished with the remodeling (another 2 weeks), I will have a group over to serve and demo the green smoothies as well as show the Cancer movie (Healing Cancer from the Inside Out). Victoria's question and answers and info, Valya's demos, Sergei's wild edible walk and chats with Robert were highlights of the week. All of you just motivated the hell out of us to switch to a green smoothie lifestyle!!! Thank you so very much for what is unthankable. I am excited about turning 70 soon and maybe no gray hair by 80. I am a confirmed reader of your website now. How could I have forgotten to mention the Work with Tom? He was fantastic!!! I was thinking of food when I wrote that email thanking you. I have done a lot of The Work and been with Byron Katie several times, which had already helped me immensely with life. But Tom is a Master of running a large group; he was amazing working with so many and holding their attention when they did not know anything about the Work before coming. I cannot praise him enough. Several things came up for me that I did not expect and were resolved. Thank you for putting together such an amazing retreat to raise consciousness on the planet. With much gratitude"kostyasazonov
- The retreat was an extraordinary experience for me. It was definitely worth a trip from Japan. I had been drinking green smoothies for a while almost everyday but it was my first time to have them for every meal and I could definitely feel my body enjoying it so much! Each smoothie was different and delicious and I was surprised at how 1 glass of GS made me so full. I never felt hungry through the whole week. After a long flight from Tokyo I was expecting to feel exhausted but the smoothies made me feel energetic and I was able to get up every morning for early morning yoga classes. By the end of the week I noticed my skin tone turn a shade lighter. I didn’t have a chance to weigh myself but my skinny jeans felt a lot looser than before, especially around the thighs. Most of all I felt very positive and happy!! I enjoyed all of Victoria’s classes and learned a lot from her. Not just about the benefits of green smoothies but from the way Victoria shows her passion and expresses her self in order to spread the greatness of smoothies and eating raw. I am really looking forward to introducing green smoothies widely in Japan.bschwart
- "I would like to share my experience of the February Workshop, I found it to be so amazing. The smoothies were great and filling, quite tasty and so healthy. Victoria was wonderful with all her knowledge and experience in the matter of nutrition and health. The Work was an adventure to put it mildly, Tom was kind, compassionate and very loving as he worked with each person through out the week. I loved being in a room with all the ladies (6) in all, "Smoothie Sister" as we called ourselves, it was so loving sharing, and caring, for each other as emotional matter came up in the workshops. It was great. ” Blessing and Joy to you "abovecreative