What is The Work of Byron Katie?
The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world. It’s a way to understand what’s hurting you, and to address your problems with clarity.
- All eviation of depression: Find resolution, and even happiness, in situations that were once debilitating.
- Decreased stress: Learn how to live with less anxiety or fear.
- Improved relationships: Experience deeper connection and intimacy with your partner, your parents, your children, your friends, and yourself.
- Reduced anger: Understand what makes you angry and resentful, and become less reactive, less often, with less intensity.
- Increased mental clarity: Live and work more intelligently and effectively, with integrity.
- More energy: Experience a new sense of ongoing vigor and well-being.
- More peace: Discover how to become “a lover of what is.”
People who do The Work as an ongoing practice report life-changing results.
For more information please visit www.thework.com
0ur Faciltator Tom Compton
“Until there is internal peace there is no freedom; we are puppets doing the bidding of our own internal conflict whose only interest is to propagate more conflict.” – Tom Compton
Tom Compton is a certified facilitator of The Work. He directed The School for The Work of Byron Katie and has worked closely with Katie for many years. Tom feels that by sitting with hundreds of people from all walks of life he has had the privilege of ever deepening his own realizations. Through The Work Tom is able to show us that when we apply this simple process we discover who we are beyond our conscious and unconscious thoughts and their attending feelings, there by finding truth and freedom.
“The Work was an adventure to put it mildly, Tom was kind, compassionate and
very loving as he worked with each person through out the week.” LG
Tom is available to share his understanding of this process at any time. Individual or couple consultations can be arranged in person or on the phone for $60 an hour. If you would like Tom to attend a group gathering or retreat, prices will vary depending on the group size and location.
You can join Tom for a FREE weekly group phone conference.
Call every Monday 7-8.30pm PST
Phone: 218 339 2500 Pin: 743564#
Phone US: 541 968 9814